The Swedish festival Viva Sounds, which focuses on new and exciting music, can today present eight new acts to the program, eventually doing 30 concerts at seven clubs over two evenings in Gothenburg;
LIGHTNING DUST - Canadian duo sprung from Black Mountain touring Europe on the album Specter (October 4th) and making the only Swedish date at Viva Sounds in Gothenburg.
VÅNNA INGET - punk rock from Malmö that confirmed its position as the country's most feverish rock band with latest album Utopi (May 15th). The knife against the throat, still all or nothing.
mimi bay - The bedroom pops new phenomenon has attracted 10 millions of streams and got a youtube following of 250 000 subs, which just seems to grow, both online and irl.
* SAM FLORIAN - a productive lo-fi indie who this year released his debut album in English and an EP in Swedish.
* DOPHA - Danish debutant who writes songs from the heart, for the heart and is found somewhere between Lana, Norah Jones and Taylor Swift.
* LEA SANTEE - electronic pop duo from Vienna nominated for the UK Music Video Awards 2017 and who continue to send out fine earrings to a growing audience.
* NATHAN AELI - The Gothenburg artist has released rowdy indie tracks during the year and has his debut album planned for the fall.
* FRONTBACK - rock 'n' roll with everything that comes from riffs, energy, catchy tunes and intense live shows.
Viva Sounds takes place on seven stages during two evenings and has so far presented; Slowgold, Fountain, Dives (AT), Red Rum Club (UK), Arvid Nero, Pom Poko (NO), KÅRP, Nekromant, Planet Caravan (AT), Linn Koch-Emmery, Electric Hydra and Revenge Prevails. The conference is held at Pustervik during Saturday and welcomes Elin Strömberg, Sveriges Radio P3, Anika Mottershaw, Bella Union, (UK), Carlo Emme, Plan B, Phil Taggart, BBC Radio 1 / Vevo, (UK), David Mortimer-Hawkins, Sony Music , Mikey Jonns, This Feeling, (UK), Beke Trojan, Neuland Concerts, (DE), Lio Kanine, Kanine Records, (US), My Bergman, Blixten & Co, Sarun Pinyarat, Fungjai Streaming, (TH) and more.
Tickets are on sale and available to buy here.
* Viva Sounds 2019 will be implemented in partnership with, and with support from: Sony, Warner, Blixten & Co, Jubel, The Bank, Headstomp, Gothenburg & Co, Cultural Council, Västra Götaland Region, City of Gothenburg, Study Promotion, HYMN, Comfort Hotel, Perpetum, Gaffa, Culture Youth, Austria Music Export, This Feeling, Bella Union, Mystic Sons, Popup Records, Motor Music and participating venues: Pustervik, The House of Music, The Ocean, Bengans, Hammock, Holy Moly, The Abyss.
** Viva Sounds is produced by Westside Music Sweden (WMS), which means 30 players active in the music industry in Gothenburg and Västra Götaland. WMS is an independent platform that wants to increase the capacity of what is happening in and from western Sweden. In 2019, 45 artists and representatives from WMS has participated in 16 festivals in 17 countries on 4 continents and together performed 90 concerts.